- What Do I Do With...
- Recycling & Disposal Info
- Community Resources
Bulk Waste Pickup
July 12th to July 20th 2015 we had an issue with online registration and items registered were not saved. If you had items registered for pickup during those days, please leave your items at the curb. Casella will pick them up when they do trash collection for your area. If there is a problem, please feel free to contact our offcice. This is a one time only event.
Terms and Conditions
- Residents must register in order to put their bulk waste out on Tuesday before 7 AM or Monday night after 7pm.
- Please register the items by noon on Monday. Any request made after that time will be picked up the following Tuesday.
- Any items left at the curb must be removed within 24 hours or you could receive a violation in the form of a payable fine ($250).
- You are limited to 2 cubic yards of bulk waste at any one time at the curb.
- Items must be within 3ft of the curb for pickup. If further away Casella will NOT pick it up.
- Items must not be behind objects like fences or cars, Casella will NOT pick it up.
- Bulk waste is an item that will not fit in your trash container.
- Regular household trash bags are not considered a bulk item and should be in your trash container. If you have excessive household trash from a function; please bring to the Resident Convince Drop Off on Saturdays from 7am to 12 noon.
Proper preparation of bulk
Rolls of carpet, length of wood or other items of that nature need to be less than 4ft in length. All carpeting should be rolled and tied secure. Loose items need to be bundled or in a container. If they are not prepared properly Casella will not pick them up and you will be responsible for removal from the curb and proper disposal. You do not need to break down furniture. If you choose to please make sure that it is bundled or contained properly.
House, garage or cellar clean outs
Small amounts are allowed, but you should order a dumpster for these if the contents are more than 2 cubic yards. We do have a Residence ONLY convenience drop off on Saturdays from 7am to 12 noon. You may bring ONE load of 2 yards or less. This could be a combined load of bulk items, recycling, scrap metal, trash or yard waste. Please click here for details.
Landlord apartment cleanouts of any size
Are not allowed and considered commercial. Please call a local hauler to have a dumpster delivered or items removed. Anyone found in violation will be subject to a fine if the items are found at the curb after bulk pickup is completed.
Failure to adhere to Terms and Conditions may result in a Town of Southbridge By-Law violation in the form of a payable fine. Please be advised.
Leaf & Yard Waste
Drop off site OPEN for the season
at 185 Guelphwood Rd (DPW)
Leaf and Yard waste accepted at the Landfill every Saturday from 7am till Noon
If you see that the dumspters are full we ask that you come back another day. It takes time and man power to clean up if you keep piling up in front of the dumpsters.
Spring 2015 Ended
NO PLASTIC BAGS
News and Upcoming Events
Do not put in trash. Bring to Preventative Health Nurse.
Beautify Southbridge Day held on Saturday May 16th from 8:30am till Noon.
Residential Convenience Drop-Off are held on Saturdays from 7am till Noon. Click here for flyer
Household Hazardous Waste Events are held quarterly on Saturday from 9 AM to 1 PM at Casella Waste Services Facility, 165 Barefoot Rd., Southbridge, MA on the following dates: