- What Do I Do With...
- Recycling & Disposal Info
- Community Resources
FREE Bulk waste collection is every Tuesday town-wide.
Steps for proper bulk waste removal registration and setout:
- Register any items accepted curbside that will not fit in your trash container by noon Monday online or by calling the Health Department at 508-764-4252. See exceptions listed below.
- Place their bulky items at the curb by 7 AM on Tuesday.
- Remove all items from the curb within 24 hours.
Weekly bulk pickup is limited to two yards per household. Two yards is roughly the size of a full-size couch.
Property owners who do not follow the bulky item removal guidelines may receive a violation in the form of a payable fine.
- Furniture and household items (bureaus, chairs, desks, sofas, mattresses, box springs, etc.)
- Small “do it yourself” projects
- Appliances with refrigerant and doors removed. Please call a refrigerant removal company.
Items Not Accepted:
- Propane Tanks
- Wood stoves
- Freon appliances
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Lawn mowers
- Sheet rock
Bring these items to quarterly Household Hazardous Waste Days.
News and Upcoming Events
2013 Recycling & Holiday Calendar is available.
Curbside Leaf Pickup
Leaf and Yard Waste site open for the season
at 185 Guelphwood Rd (DPW) NO PLASTIC BAGS
Southbridge Receives Recycling Award!
Do not put in trash. Bring to Preventative Health Nurse.
Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), thermostats and button cell batteries contain mercury.
Do not put in trash. Read more.
Sustainability Committee Seeks One More Member.
FREE Home Energy Assessment with Mass Save. There's no obligation. Learn about energy-saving improvements and rebates. Visit MassSave.com or call 866-527-SAVE.
Year end rates 2012 24.99% vs 2011 18.01%
Read our Testimonials
Household Hazardous Waste Events are held quarterly on Saturday from 9 AM to 1 PM at Casella Waste Services Facility, 165 Barefoot Rd., Southbridge, MA on the following dates:
Dates are subject to change.